If you are 60 years or older, you may be eligible for a Seniors Card or Seniors Business Card. These cards provide access to government concessions and business discounts.
How to apply
Applications forms are available in hard copy from the Clayfield electorate office. You can also complete the online application form here.
Business Discount Directory
Current editions of the Business Discount Directory for Seniors and Carers are available from the Mansfield electorate office.
Shopping for goods and services
- Ask the salesperson if they provide discounts to seniors
- Make the salesperson aware you are a card holder before
- negotiating the price
- requesting a quote
- ordering goods and/or services
- paying for goods and/or services.
- If you have difficulty obtaining a discount from a participating business, call Card Services at Smart Service Queensland on (07) 3224 8747
Government concessions (Seniors Card and Seniors Card +go only)
- The Queensland Government offers concessions on services such as transport and motor vehicle registration, health , recreation and education
- Local councils provide concessions on rates and water supply
- Concessions are also available on home energy supply. You will need to speak with your service provider about individual discounts.